Materials Prospector/ DeveloperCentury Companies, INC
AGGREGATE MATERIALS PROSPECTOR/DEVELOPER
Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Materials Group Manager
Work Location: Montana-North Dakota-Wyoming
This position is responsible for gravel acquisition, permitting and production estimating as well as testing, sampling, inspecting materials in a field setting to ensure compliance with the contract specifications.
- Responsible for gravel prospecting for potential projects and future use.
- Responsible for acquisition and permitting of new gravel sources.
- Responsible for estimating production costs (screening, crushing, washing, etc.).
- Responsible for gravel pit reclamation.
- Responsible for measuring piles and reconciliation with the Accounting Department.
- Update and maintain information in ARCGIS software and pit files on gravel research and existing pits.
- Perform field and laboratory testing of gravel to determine gradations. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis.
- Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily submittal to Project Manager.
- Sampling, testing and inspecting aggregates. Performing calculations and data reduction of test results. Using field screening equipment and documenting readings.
- Maintain timely, consistent communication with plant management to ensure manager is appraised of any of test results and any issues that may affect the quality of the materials
- Monitoring quality assurance.
- Civil or CET Engineering degree or 5+ years relevant experience in Construction or a related field required.
- Requires knowledge of aggregate sources in MT, WY, ND and possibly other surrounding states.
- Understand gradations and specifications related to crushing, bituminous asphalt and concrete production.
- Basic knowledge of lab equipment.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and OSHA/MSHA/DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office including Excel experience preferred.
- Must require minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
- Must be available to travel in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- At least 20/40 acuity (Snellen) in each eye with or without correction. At least 70 degrees peripheral in horizontal meridian measured in each eye.
Work Demands & Environment:
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, and as needed, safety-toed boots, respirator, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Employee will be required to work in outdoor environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and weather.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, stand, sit, shovel, sweep, rake, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms, possibly for extended periods.
- Requires occasional moving/lifting of up to 50 pounds during the course of the work day.
CENTURY COMPANIES, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Please Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
You will also be asked to provide detailed work history information, so please refer to your resume and work history when completing this on-line application. Incomplete on-line applications will not be considered.
The individual applying for the position must complete the application personally.