LC State invites applications for the position of Chief Technology Officer/Director.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $95,000 - $115,000
• Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited college or university (e.g., Management Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.)
• Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (MS, MA, MBA)
1. Five (5) years of progressive responsibility for, and management of, IT functionality in a medium-to-large organization
1. Doctorate in relevant field (e.g., EdD, PhD)
2. Experience managing a department in higher education
3. Three (3) years executive level experience
4. Experience developing or managing enterprise systems (e.g. ERP, CRM, LMS)
5. Certified project management expertise with a portfolio of successful projects
1. Continually analyze LC State's technology for relevance to mission, legality, cyber security and cost-benefit, within college fiscal constraints and state systemness goals.
2. Advise the President and executive management regarding system use and allocation.
3. Design a network infrastructure that meets LC State's continuous 5-year horizon.
4. Oversee and manage contracts with vendors and service providers.
5. Assure the management of projects and product implementations that meet the constraints related to time and budget.
6. Recommend hardware and software upgrades to improve operations and budgetary consistency.
7. Conduct annual IT audits as mandated by Idaho's State Board of Education, and State and Federal agencies.
8. Oversee IT department personnel evaluations, professional development, hiring, etc. to meet continually evolving technology needs of the department and college, with a complementary focus on the ethics, philosophy, and mission of LC State.
9. Work within LC State's budget process to recommend appropriate systems, replace end-of-life technology, and manage on-going purchases.
10. Work with the State of Idaho (e.g., Governor's office, OSBE, SBOE, etc.) in order to comply with mandates, systemness and resource maximization.
11. Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
2. Demonstrated writing for technical and layperson audiences
4. Ability to manage and motivate staff
5. Demonstrated commitment to customer service
6. Technical understanding of network design, cyber security, telephony, web, and enterprise systems
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents or your application may not be considered for review.
• Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
• Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before November 27, 2023, will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification.
LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.