Home Health Billing ManagerSunterra Springs
Home Health Billing Manager – This position is based in Idaho Falls
Responsible for managing accurate, timely completion and submission of all the billing, collections, and accounts receivable functions of multiple sites. Responsible for the development and management of the billing and collections team. Growth opportunity.
Ensures reimbursement through efficient billing and collections operations and effective accounts receivable management.
- Ensures that billing and patient accounts record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state, federal and CHAP regulations.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of payer contracts and ensures that payers are billed according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and serves as a resource for appropriate organization personnel.
- Monitors aged accounts receivables and resubmits bills to overdue accounts, submits seriously overdue accounts to collection agencies for collection, and prepares bad debt reports for the Director of Finance.
- Gathers, collates, and reports key billing information to the Director of Financial Services.
- Collaborates with the Controller in successfully reconciling the billing system reports with the general ledger.
- Reconciles Medicare quarterly reports produced by the fiscal intermediary with the billing information system and assists the Controller and Director of Financial Services in the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report.
- Supervises the use of the billing information system and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of the system including upgrades and enhancements.
- Supervises and reconciles cash receipts and bank deposits according to policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, family members, payers and referral sources.
- Protects the confidentiality of patient and organization information through effective controls and direct supervision of billing operations.
- Recruits, selects, orients, and manages member of the billing and collections team.
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years experience in health care billing and collections management preferably in home care operations. Billing information systems knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct personnel.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated capability to accurately manage detailed information.
- Able to deal tactfully with patients, family members, referral sources and payers.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
Benefits We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Company contributes to employee medical premium
- Company contributes to employee dental premium
- Flexible PTO
- 401 (k) with company match
- Great co-workers
- Advancement opportunities
Wage commensurate with experience
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to JRudd@SunterraSprings.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time